a sad one...


Thank you for the visits, kind comments and support, thank you all for the friendship and prayers. THis is a long post for I will be taking out all my emotions out. so please bear with me... It's up to you if want to read on...

We just finished talking to the doctors yesterday, as well as one of his nurse supporters back in Kapiolani. My brother was admitted at Queens medical center. It was a close door meeting, and after they told us that they will stop the treatment, radiation and chemotherapy we broke down in tears. He will be admitted in a Hospice care, they say there is no more cure for it because the Cancer is rapidly increasing among his body, the cancer is not responding to the treatments anymore, if they continue to do so it'll only destroy his organs and might kill his system and might kill the person as well.

In order for him to live longer, he will be put in Hospice care. according to the doctors a lot of people have a lot of misconceptions on what is a Hospice, I did read some of it and my Husband knows a lot about it, too and he described it for us after the doctors talked to us, it's a 24 hour care either at home or a place filled with equipments and full care of people around you. It's not a place that people who are close to their end of days. We cried so much, JOn wanted to cry too but he made himself strong in order for us to be strong, too. Gully is a special person. One of the nurses even went to the meeting eventhough she wasn't needed. After the Nurse and the doctors hugged us, they always whispered in our ear how Gully was a great patient they ever had and how they loved him so much. this touched our hearts. my brother doesn't cry, never did I see him cry. he wasn't an emotional one just like me and mom. he's a warrior. because of God he was strong, full of faith. never stops and never gives up. It's the Lord's will, like what he always tells us.

There's still a lot ahead of him. I just hope God will grant him longer life. we still need more memories to share with him. He is my son's bestfriend (according to Nathan, "uncle Gully is my bestfriend". After a year of his treatment We thought it was the end of it, his plans earlier before that he wanted to join the Navy just like dad and the rest of our relatives. but because of Cancer, I don't think that dream will become a reality after all. He went on a camp around June for about a week, he informed us that a bump appeared close to his neck, so he was on radiation every single day. after 2 weeks he went on a trip to Las Vegas, and with the help of family friends they toured him around the states. but according to him, the trip wasn't to blame for he had a great trip! nothing beats that, says my husband. At least you get to experience touring places you haven't been. he deserved it so much.

He spent at least 2 and a half weeks in the Mainland and got his call that he was coming back the next day because he had a large bump on his back. When he came home he looked so terrible! he was so fine when he left, and now he looked so pale, skinny and weak. He was coughing so badly, we found out he had liquid in his lungs, and one of his lungs collapsed because a tumor appeared on it and it was constantly making liquid making him hard to breathe. MY bestfriend Joan from Korea even called me around 10:30 last night, I was so touched on what she told me, wishing she was the one with cancer because she too had it and it disappeared, a miracle one for her for she wasn't happy with her life but then she had her daughter she had a purpose in life after all, but I guess God has his plans for each of us, so we have to trust God and not quit. We borrowed our life from God and he has the authority to get it back whenever he wanted. I can't believe my brother is leaving us soon to be with our Saviour. I thank him for everything and for the cheer and joy he has given us. I am currently making a webpage specially for him. I'll end this for now.

What Is Rhabdomyosarcoma? you can read on for more info.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh gosh, Kitty! I don't know what to say:( I will continue praying for your bro and to the whole family. Hugs!

Btw, an award for you:)

Mommy Scart said...

awwww nangilid ang luha ko sa post mo kitty tagal pa man din akong hindi nakapunta and i was expecting a happy entry. ipagpatuloy ko pa din prayers ko for your brothers kitty so that he live longer pa. kagabi naisip i dont know why kya ito dinalaw agad kita ng pagka-agaaga which is rare diba?

take good care kitty and be strong :)

jennyr said...

{{{Hugssss}}}this breaks my heart Kitty! naiyak talaga ako sa post mo...how can someone smiling, so healthy and cheerful then one day, the look so weak, tired and pale...i'm so sorry my dear! I'll keep praying for your brother...

a little something to cheer u up my dear at this link!

HiPnCooLMoMMa said...

my heart goes out to you and your family. Put your trust in the Lord for He knows what is best for all of us. keep praying and keep trusting. Hope you are having a fine weekend despite all this.

Anonymous said...

i couldn't stop my tears from falling while reading this kit. :~( hugs to u and your family. will still pray for your bro. nothing's impossible with God. {{hugs}}

misspinay said...

Aww.. it breaks my heart to read your post about your brother having cancer. I hope he get well soon. Don't worry, your brother stays strong and live on. Be sure to be with him always whenever he needs you to be his side. :) Take care there ate kitty! muah

Anonymous said...

so sorry to hear abt this Kit. pasensya ngayon lang ako nakadalaw. HUGS to u sis. i can feel how u feel. naiiyak din ako. my family is praying for him. ur right God has plans for everyone. i don't know what to say anymore. i wish i'm there to give you a real hug. u take care sis. hang in there. i can feel that ur brother is a good man and God will take care of him.

marie said...

Oh really sad. All we need to do is pray harder.

HartofDixie said...

This is tragic and no one should suffer like this. My heart goes out to you and the whole family.
I will keep you in my prayers Kitty.