to believe or not to believe




I know this is kinda weird, but do any of you guys believe in supernatural beings? Well, I got a reply from my good friend's mom back in the Philippines. They just found out about my brother's condition, I also told them about how their neighbor who was of old age had the very same tumor on the same area at the same time. really weird. When we told my hubby about this he joked that the place must be cursed or something, my mom and my brother rents that 2 storey apartment with a large backyard with a tree and some of my mom's garden vegetables. My hubby's aunt owns that property.

a lot of people kept on telling us that a mangkukulam (witch) had cast a spell on my brother then my mom suddenly realized she had a friend who was quite old and sold fresh vegetables, one day she told a story to my mom about how her daughter's bf who is ready to leave for the states was about to leave her daughter, but she told that boy not to leave or else he might regret it coz she might cast a spell on him. and he never left her daughter for the fear of something might happen to his life. one day, she visited my mom and asked for a picture of my brother, maybe for souveneir or something but my mom refused to do so. That old lady was also friends with their neighbor who just died a year ago because of the same tumor as my brothers.

SO moving on, I got a message yesterday and my friend told me to call right away if I can coz it was very important. I had to ask what it was, surely this morning I opened my friendster and my friend's mom explained everything to me. As soon as she read my message she rushed to an albularyo (herbalist) and told my brother's name to the old man, he wrote the name on a white piece of paper, holding the candle and saying a prayer saying the name of my brother he placed it on top of the name and all of a sudden the old man became unconscious. his head bowing, holding my brother! the old man's voice was an old woman, she was an engkantada (somewhat like a fairy) she was already old because the way the old man was really hunched like an old lady. according to my friend's mom, the old lady lives in my mom's backyard, she got hurt in the shower while my brother was there, she even pointed out where she got hurt, on her chest and her back. my friend's mom asked what was the best thing my brother's family could do to forgive him, the old lady blew the paper with my brother's name on it and she said the best thing was if a family member would come to my mom's house and say a prayer, ask for forgiveness while throwing rice grains in the bathroom where she got hurt. she didn't ask for anything else but for forgiveness. They saw the candle wax formed my brother's name. It gave me chills just reading about it. how did they know about the bathroom? the bathroom is facing the backyard with some trees and some plants. so that was probably her home. the bathroom is a bit small to move around, so that might be it.

As much as I hate to believe it, my friend's mom told me that a lot of her good friends and business owners from our City go to that herbalist for help, and he was really good, doesn't ask for any payment or anything at all. and her friend from Australia was sick and just by using her picture was treated just like that. There's no harm in trying that's what she told me. oh well, I know it's too late for that but with God's help, nothing is impossible. yesterday, I cooked pinakbet and brought him some at the Hospital, he hates hospital food and I couldn't believe my eyes, for the first time ever he ate a lot! he gained back his appetite, thank God. but my mom told me this morning that last night my brother was crying in pain and I think maybe that was the time the old lady back in the philippines using the old man as a medium blew the name of my brother on the piece of paper. weird, huh? I grew up with my mom with a lot of superstitious stuff, I do believe in some and I do it for the sake of being safe. whenever we step on grasslands or just walking through or sometimes if we throw something on the sidewalks my mom would say tabi tabi po to show respect and warning that you are coming so you won't hurt them while you're walking. =/

thank you again for all your prayers, friends... God bless you all!

7 comments:

Tiff k said...

Ate Kitty!! You know what, I've heard a lot of things about this and I also don't know whether to believe or not but I believe some are true too. There is no harm in trying, and I'm happy that if it did help! I'll continue praying for your bother ate, I do hope he gets well! God will find a way =) Tc now ate!! =)

Anonymous said...

i grew up believing same kind of stuff but when i got here i don't give those kind of things power over me anymore.

i really don't know what to say but i think with God's prayers and anything that anyone can possibly do to help try nyo nalang. i've heard of a lot of stories in the Philippines abt stuff like this and for some reason gumagaling naman. i don't know if i have the right to give you this piece of advice but i think i'd just give it a go and don't forget that God is the most powerful of all. God bless your brother and may he get well soon.

Anonymous said...

when i was in the philippines , i experienced a lot.. lalo na nung buntis ako,. but i dont know what to think ngayon kasi wala na akong nakikita :(

even spirits, i was praying that kahit once magpakita lang ang papa ko sa akin,. pero wala :(

wala namang mawawala sa pag try di ba? atleast you try,. i mean, if thats the only way di ba?

i hope and pray for your brother too.. its so difficult to live day by day with your heart being hurt because of losing someone you love..bigla ka na lang iiyak withoiut any reason .. sana di mo yun ma experience..

takecare

Anonymous said...

hi kitty. ive heard a lot of stuffs like this. and i believe that some are true. kasi ngkagnyan din ung neighbor nmn at ung kuya ko din daw before..naku nmn. lam mo bang nagtitindigan palahibo ko habang ngbabassa. weeee. anyway. iyl pray for your brother.

Anonymous said...

i kind of do ;-) difficult when you grow up in the philippines and superstitions surround you at every turn ;-)

Anonymous said...

musta naman si gully? okay na ba sya? email ko nalang ako sayo. ingats!

HartofDixie said...

I am not a believer on this stuff, but I've heard a lot from friends way back home,that witchcraft has been practiced.
I thought I only read it in fairy tale books that someone is put under a spell. "Chilling Story"

--Hoping for your bro's speed recovery!
Thanks for dropping by Kitty!