weekly roundup




happy 1st of November! and now time for another weekly roundup.

Well, I'll just give a summary of what happened in my week. tuesday morning I was heading back home from Walmart at Pearl City, as I was driving in the road I noticed a chunk of metal laying on the middle of my lane, it was too late to change lanes since there were lots of vehicles on the other side so I took the chance and heard a loud thug sound underneath. When I got the chance to park our van, I hurriedly took a look underneath if there was any damage at all. thank goodness, nothing happened to my car.

a few hours later after fetching my son up from school and my hubbykins when we were driving home all of a sudden the engine sounded funny! a bit later, we found leaks and they had to tow our van away since it wasn't safe to drive it! the next day they reported that it was a huge damage and it costs $2,400, so we called geico and everything went ok, at first they told us that we were going to pay $500 then the next hour we needed to pay $1,000! but they assured us that they will do everything they can to low it down a bit since 1,000 is too much. so we have a rental car at the moment. I'm telling you, our van is suffering from one accident to another. and with the expenses we are having at the moment, I am not gonna shop for material things just yet. I feel bad and I hate to shop when I know we need to pay for a lot of things, you know what I'm talking about. =(

Nathan had a field trip at Aloun farms and presented me with his lil cute pumpkin. I carved it the next day, here it is!






yesterday was a fun day! I worked in the morning from 10 to 4, a lot of people dressed up, a few witches here and there, bagger wore a zorro costume, one cashier she was african-american of course but she was cute coz she had a marilyn monroe costume, a gorgeous one I may say =). one spent $800 (heck no!) for a costume, he was around 18 or 19 I guess, it was some sorta robot costume, hard plastic and leather, and he was pretty tall so it was pretty freaky. a couple old ladies dressed as evil hags, one cashier dressed up as a vampire school girl from this manga she was reading, complete with fangs hehee. one was a prisoner who escaped from the corrections, and one with balck and white prisoner suit with her back saying caught from shoplifting with a serial number on her back, hahaa! I didn't bring my devil horns nor my witch hat, it was pretty hot at work esp. when you are running around like crazy! after that around 6 we went trick or treating by the navy housing, it turned out great since it didn't rain! you can read more about it HERE. well, that's about it! happy weekly roundup! pls join us HERE.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i can totally relate dun sa gastusin kit. ako nga i'm having second thoughts if itutuloy namin yong hp touchsmart kasi nga we paid $700+ for the registration of our car. taz may dumating pang bills from the lab kasi yong ibang tests ko sumubra sa covered ng insurance namin. haay! if only money grows on tress la na sana tayong problema ano?

Anonymous said...

trees pala. LOL! :D

Anonymous said...

sorry to hear abt ur van. magiging ok din ang lahat soon. anyway, ang galing ng pagka carve mo sa pumpkin ha. it's a lot of fun dba? feeling bata nga ako noon eh na naglalaro ba, lol!

wow, grabe yang $800 for a costume ha. mayaman ba sya? haha! baka naman hanggang talk lang yun. lam mo na ang mga bata, haha! mukhang ang saya naman yata ng halloween sa work nyo. ako walang costume. gastos lang eh. haha! di na rin kelangan ng costume eh, nakakatakot na ako, bwahaha..if hubby finds out i said this, papaluin ako nun sa pwet, lol! o cge alis na muna ako. haha!

Anonymous said...

siguro sobrang ganda nung costume na yun kung worth $800. 1 open line iPhone na yun. hehehe nice pimpkin! :)