chubby issues


I was surprised to find out that I had a friendster comment from a classmate of mine a few days ago, just after reading it I found out that it was my mother in law who sent the message. she told me that she wants to buy me some house clothes when she gets here any week now. What's so funny about it is I emailed her my measurements, but somehow a lot of people were truly amazed at my measurements, like, how did I get so big?? my MIL was shopping around for clothes at the local market and somehow stumbled upon the clothing store owned by my classmate's family. It was so funny coz she probably mentioned my name (she's very talkative, that's why we love her) and ta-da that's how everyone I know that I married her son. Their family are well known in our town. and my MIL even told our love story to her!

back in the Philippines everyone knows me as the tall, white slim girl from the block. I always hated the attention from everyone coz they would always criticize me on losing a few more pounds when, hello, I'm about 130 lbs for crying out loud. at that time. especially my classmates back then. They were all the petite slim types where I was the tallest at 5'6. I always walked back then and around that time my dad stopped our support so we were kinda on a tight budget, problems rised and when you're in school you tend to be stressed, at the same time I skipped meals, too. that explains it.

But when I met my hubby when I was 18, he was really generous and always treated me with all sorts of surprises, everyday we would be together eating at our fave restaurants, or buying a batch of bbq at our fave bbq stand a few blocks from my home. I think I gained over 20 pounds when were dating. When I got pregnant, grew even more bigger. Over the years I guess the pounds kept adding up, I was like a yo-yo, would lose it then gained it back. but seriously, 6 years had now gone by and I am truly sick of myself. I am still happy with myself but I promised myself year 2008 will be different. oh hell yeah it will be different. so far I've lost 11 lbs. I do at least 30 minutes of tae bo and turbo jam 3 or 4 times a week before I go to work. I am eating a lot of salads, I only eat a cup of rice, ditched the sugary treats (which is really hard), candies, chocolates, sugar in coffee, more veggies and lots of water as I always do . It's all worth it.

I have up to a year to at least get to my target weight before baby # 2. I am truly excited because there's a lot of things we are looking forward to. we are thinking of buying a home soon( not too sure about that), Nathan going to school on July, and conceiving another blessing to the family. So back to the weight issues, I really don't understand why it's hard for people to digest the fact that I am not the "slim" Kit anymore they always knew? I never did say I was sexy, right? so what? so yeah, I goofed up. I forgot to take care of myself, my bad. but I know we can always get opportunities to try and change our habits. I am proud of losing every pound, sooner or later I'll get there. Motivation is key. I gotta put this under wraps, people... chat with you guys later!

14 comments:

marie said...

hi kits! thanks for the visit ha. We just got back from Bora and we really had a joyous time with the family. If you're coming over don't miss the place and of course don't miss meeting me too. I hope that will come sooner.
Bout the chubby issue, it's just a matter of discipline. Kaya mo yan!

jennyr said...

hi kitty! mustah na girl?thanks for visiting my blog. mdyo sick ako d2 for 3days na pero kinakaya pa rin blogging. yan lang kaya ko gawin for the past days eh pero now, i gotta do some chores na.hehehe! hay nakuh about sa weight naman,same tayo ng prob. pagdating ko d2 kahit size zero mdyo maluwang pa ngayon?nakuh! size 3 na!hehehe! masikip pa! palaki ng palaki na ako...waaaaaa!!! well, i think kulang lang talaga tayo sa exercise.buti ka pa dyan may routine. congrats pala for loosing some lbs. and i hope u reach ur goal girl!

Anonymous said...

goodluck on losing weight kitty actually hindi mo na kelangan eh pero kasi diba gusto mo na magbuntis ulet so kahit kunti lose ng weight eh ok na. ok lang naman siguro yun kahit mabigat timbang natin basta may exercise ako de ko alam kung healthy ba ako de rin kasi ako nageexercise. lakad lakad lang kasi wala naman kami sasakyan.

o sya kitty take care hope ok lang ang lahat sa inyo dyan. ako ito medyo nahimasmasan narin although may mga worries parin ako de ata ito mawawala hanggat sa makapanganak ako eh. hirap kasi everytime na buntis lagi na starting point ang buhay namin. oh well nagkwento pa ako eh noh. o sya cge alis ako.

Anonymous said...

Whether you are slim or you are a big girl, i really should not matter. What's important is you feel comfortable, you are confident and you are healthy

Matangkad kang babae so sa akin, oks lang na medyo mabigat ka. :)

Unknown said...

hay naku kainis nag error while i was leaving a comment. hahahaa

anyway, i was just saying na goodluck with all your plans esp for baby#2 :)

& ako i can't NOT eat chocolate, chocoholic eh hahaha

Tiff k said...

Ate Kitty!! Grabe i read your last post and I feel like i have the sniffles na... parang clogged na drainpipe nose ko! huhu! Oh I have a new post sa private blog ko ah! hehe =)
And about losing weight, I believe that you can do it! hehe. I can't wait if you're gonna have baby #2! You sure have a lot of plans but don't worry ate, I'll be there and I'm sure that everything will go well. Am also trying to lose weight. I've lost weight na nung December because I had to really fit into the supper tight fit pep squad costume and after prom, I gobbled up and ballooned into a whale again. Exercise is definitely the way! Good luck to us ah! =)tc!!

Anonymous said...

hi ate kitty, damnit we have the same goal! hahahaha I am really desperate to lose lots of weight even though im still 15 and argh whatevurr / hehehehe missed you!

Anonymous said...

well, atleast you have your love na with you,, so no need to focus on slimming down,,, unlike those bachelors/bachelorettes, always need to be conscious about their figure

Anonymous said...

hehe nakakatuwa naman yung kwento mo, halatang super alaga ka ni hubby since dating kaya ka nag-gainweight nang todo.

Uiii... nagbabalak ng sundan si Nathan ah.. weeee!!!

Anonymous said...

hi ate kitty!<3 kamusta ka na? naku po, andami ko nang namiss sa buhay buhay ninyo.^^ anyways, im so happy to be back! hehe. anyways, im so happy na magkakaroon ka ulit ng blessing from God. ^^ I'm so happy talaga.^^ At ayun.. magsuschooling na din si Nathan.^^ Excited narin ako for your new home. :)

b3arh0ney said...

you're beautiful pa rin sis, inggit lang cla, lol! hubby always tells me that other people's opinion don't count especially if doesn't help us. as long as you are taking care of yourself and is trying, then you're fine. stay healthy and happy all the time. happy easter sa inyong lahat jan sis. kisses to Nathan!

Anonymous said...

Goodluck on losing weight...I've been meaning to go on a diet, too or at least exercise kasi ang taba ng tyan ko grabe para ako may naka-tuck out na bilbil hahahahaha nakakatwa! sabi ng mga anak ko I have a jiggly tummy daw hehehehe

mahirap nga lang mag-control kumain noh? especially ako luto ako ng luto grabe kaya wala ako magawa kundi kainin mga niluluto ko hahahahaha

hay buhay talaga! gudluck sister! Muah!

Mommy Lutchi said...

Thanks for the hopped back Kitz, naku!my weights laging issue na yan sa amin..kasi naman payatot tapos parang elepante na ngayon. Before, naiinis ako basta timbang na ang pag usapan pero ngayon oks na sa kin.
Ako nag da-diet then para hindi pagalitan ni doc.

Cge ingat palagi girl. And hope u will have that baby girl/boy soon.

HiPnCooLMoMMa said...

part na ng pinoy ang mag comment about weight, pagpayat ka naman sasabihin kunsumido ka, pag taba naman pipintasan ka din, haaaayyyy...wag mo na pansinin.