My future soldier



The husband went to his recruiter yesterday morning. I actually slept for about 45 minutes, I heard my husband kept on saying that he has only 2 days left before he leaves. He's leaving the house on November 7 but he is leaving a few days later, can't disclose the exact flight date (safety purposes). The climate the past few days is just ridiculous! It was so hot, I felt my skin burning. I heard him talking to me, I went beside him and hugged him, still groggy from my afternoon nap, I lifted up my head and to me, it looks like he was crying. He wiped his eyes, he kept on saying how he's going to miss both of us, especially our son who he babysat for almost a year because he was unemployed at the time. He whispered to me that in the next few months our lives will change. We promised one another that even though our lives will change we'll still love each other no matter what. Entering the military life is not for everyone, I agreed that I will support my husband to the fullest. It's a challenge, alright.
Husbands go out on deployments and when they come home all we have to do is give them the love and support they need for protecting our country. There are lots of military husbands and wives who get suicidal because their spouses cheated on them and others couldn't stand the military life any longer. It's sad if you think about it because it does happen. Me and my husband had a heart to heart talk before he made this decision. Getting into the Army was no joke. I guess God wanted us to know that this is his fate, because believe it or not he didn't want to enter the military life long time ago ever since he was a teenager. He had a lot of opportunities in the past, but being 37, he got in! opportunity knocked one more time and he had a feeling this was his destiny. It's a new path in his life and what most people don't understand is when you get out of the military, the training you have done will benefit you and your family later on in life. My dad retired from the Navy when I was still young, so we didn't get a chance to move around like most military families do.
I cried a little bit, because we aren't used to being separate for months and months, the longest was about a week when he went to New York City for a job training. I'm quite happy because this will be a new experience for us, the excitement of moving around, I know it's not going to be peachy and it'll be hard for the kids leaving their friends, my friends, family, etc. But God will guide us and we'll always make him the center of our relationship.


0 comments: