bye, Pearl Harbor...


Farewell, My Friends © Mild G. Calingo

My friends to you I bid goodbye To the friendship that brought me sky The year has been swell As if coming from a wishing well But as all things do I have to bid adieu How it pains me to But there's nothing I can do Thank you for the memories The laughter and the tears They'll linger in my heart As if we never part If by chance we meet again May it be full of blessings in the rain Yet for now all that I can say Is to God for you I'll pray.


Just feeling a lil emotional right now since my last day on the 15th. I actually cried when my friend from work hugged me that night before we all parted ways. I can't believe I am moving away from them... they are all my best friends and To me they are my second family. I would never forget them. I am so blessed meeting them. I sure treasure The kindness and hospitality they've showed me after all these years. When I came to work friday, I was surprised to see that there were signs for my potluck everywhere! We were supposed to have a little gathering in the cash cage instead on my last day but I guess they wanted to do it the next day. Hubby cooked spaghetti that saturday morning and he helped me drop it off before lunch time. I got a text from Jan saying that I had to come at 12 noon. As soon as I went home, I went straight to the shower and of course I arrived at 12:30 at work, there were lots of food and there were about 3 cakes in total. I received a lot of lei's that day... I feel sooooo sad. On my last day, we had a little potluck in the cash cage My supervisor brought us haupia and Chantilly cake, Jan brought me a gift basket filled with island goodies plus popeyes chicken, ate Ana brought her pancit while I brought garlic buttered shrimp and rice. I promised that night was the last pig out night. I feel so big (because I am really BIG, seriously.) Today I started doing some crunches and some stretches, tomorrow I start my 3 mile walks and that will be everyday from now on. You don't really see a lot of pictures in me lately because I hate myself in pictures... I totally blew it, big time.

Well, I received some gifts as well the best one was a huge picture with a Hawaiian woman on the front, all around it front and back was filled with the sweetest messages from the whole store. Jo ann was behind that gift and It was so sweet of her, too... She was also real emotional on the day of my potluck, I saw her teary eyed. After all these years working with her, I never did know how emotional she was. She was a workaholic and a lot of people don't really get a long with her. But I love her, we all do... They say, you never fully know a person until you've worked with them. That was so true. Thank you so much, my Pearl Harbor commissary family I would never forget you all...

Since I'm officially off from work I might just update my flickr now! maybe after fixing some of my files here I'll get to it soon. :)

0 comments: