a belated merry christmas


How was everyone's christmas? I hope you guys had a good one. as for us, well you can say we had a lonely one since the little one isn't here as well as the in-laws. Can you believe I didn't cook anything for our Noche buena? I didn't even get to open my presents, I only opened it this afternoon when hubby came home from work. It was mostly food and kitchen utensils (lol) It was all good. hubby bought me a 10 MP fujifilm finepix z20.



I was supposed to get another sony cybershot since we gave my 6MP one to my MIL. but I am so lovin' this camera right here. it isn't bad at all, I tell ya! What I love most about it is it's mpeg video, It's amazingly clear! compared to my cybershot this one take's the cake. I can't really share the video that I took on christmas eve at work. since my card reader isn't working, I'll probably share it some other time. anyhoo, hubby was also supposed to buy me DSLR! but he told me I can only choose one, soooo I chose the compact point and shoot since it's very important to me. The DSLR can always come later, besides it's not practical to buy that yet. I'd rather spend it with other things, I had to weigh in my options to see if I really needed it or not =/.

Thank you so much to Lhyz who gave this cute lil hello kitty gift! mahalo nui loa, Lhyz! It's perfect for putting all my beaded jewelry! love it!



and of course, I finally got my twitter exchange gift from my twitter mommy Dianeskie, maraming salamat, princess Di! I'm always wearing them, I swear! love na love ko sila talaga... I can't retrieve the pics just yet on my camera since my reader isn't working. and of course my baby caryl finally received hers as well, thank goodness! I'm glad she loved it!

UPDATED: In other news, last night around 7pm, the whole Oahu island had a power outage, due to lightning and rain I wasn't sure. I was currently shopping at Ross at the time. I was in the fitting room when I noticed the lights kept on flickering. As soon as I got to the checkout line the registers went down and I was so glad to get in line before the line became long. As I headed to Pearlridge mall (the building was just behind Ross) The whole mall just blacked out! of course a lot of screaming and yelling here and there mainly caused by silly teenagers! I quickly walked my way up to Sears since I had to take one floor down coz I parked in front of Sears, the place was just pure darkness, it was sooooo spooky! it also rained hard, I was shopping by myself since hubby was all alone sleeping at home. there was heavy traffic due to people getting out of the malls and heading back home. You can only see car lights, there was no power everywhere --- not even traffic lights! I spent my time using up the power of my laptop and just twittering on my phone. I slept around 1am and can you believe the power came on around 9:45 in the morning? this was way worse than the last time, The last power outage was around 2006 when an earthquake shook the whole hawaiian islands! ok, I'll be blogging again sometime soon, I need to finish my online tasks. It's about 1am here Hawaii time, I need to get some sleep now. have a blessed holidays to all! oh before I forget, I've sent the christmas cards FINALLY! for those who haven't received anything, you'll be getting something from me in the mail... wait lang kayo! iisa isahin ko kayo eh hehehee...

UPDATED BLOGS:
1. Eagle eye
2. clothes shopping

8 comments:

Tiff k said...

Hi Ate! hehe aww naman pero at least you spent it with your hubby right? hehe and whoa!! take pics with it ate!! hehe can't wait to choose my own cam...sometime! haha. Sabi rin ni dad DSLR pero parang di ko pa kailangan ngayon, compact muna. hehe :p Kaya tingnan ko nalang sa Quiapo :p

hehe. And whoa! I don't like brownouts talaga! Buti dyan it only lasted for hours, dito sa pinas matagal right? haha dati it went on for 2 days or something. uurghh! hehe. Don't like brownouts..

CGE GO ATE!! VIDEOOO BLOOGG!! hhahaa me will waiit!! woot! hehe :P

Ngatz! tc!! :P heehe

me said...

hi kitty..how are you??nice cam..been wanting to buy a new digital camera too..for my blog,,,hehehehe..still got no idea what to get though..will go and see about what you have..I might like it too..

Anonymous said...

hehe nice yung camera. ang ganda sweet naman talaga ni lhyz. hehe hwag ka na masyadong lungkot ha. I emailed you nga pala. ingats god bless! sa yahoo mail mo ganda. happy new year!

MERiE said...

ang cuuuute ng camera!! :D

Anonymous said...

Nice cam! Ate mahilig ka pala sa Hello kitty? :) Hmm... Scary yung nangyari sayo ate. Para bang Forks? Buti di ka natakot nung ikaw lang mag-isa sa bahay. Di ko yata kaya yun. :(

marie said...

Those were lovely gifts. Happy New year! Kaka nerbyos naman yung blackout, grabe pala ulan dyan. The rain showers last night didn't stop people pati si hubby na magpaputok and mag fireworks display but at least less harm and accidents kasi wet ang roads.

Anonymous said...

belated merry christmas Kit! thank u so much for the card. i'm sorry i didn't get to send any this yr. di ko naprint kac i made it 4x8. i tried a lot of times to have it printed out kahit nga sa bahay eh kaso lang i got the wrong ink cartridge. so i figured maybe it was a sign i shouldn't send it out? lol! galing ng new cam mo. i'd love to get a new point and shoot din kac yung kodak ko 8mp lang. i'd love to have something higher and one that would take clear videos din. i think i'll save for it nalang. thanks for sharing these photos. my MIL was sick last Christmas so kami lang family dito sa bahay.

tosinpdx said...

cute camera, and cute jewelry box. :)
nakita ko nga sa news yung black out sa hawaii...