Scrap addict Sundays (outdoor) + other stories




CREDITS: MILLA DESIGNS (SURF'S UP)

This will be for Week of May 25 = Outdoor, I had a great time finishing this LO, it just reminds me of our island home Hawaii. I don't have any good recent outdoor pics just yet, so that will do.

I have been so busy with work lately, everytime I come home I get so lazy to open my laptop I usually cuddle with hubbykins and my son, chit chat with my family and just go out when I'm off, we watch movies, shop... today and tomorrow will be my days off woohoo! but I have other plans, like fixing my picture albums, cleaning the house.. you know, doing productive stuff. me and my mom are into crochet lately. months ago I bought a yarn ball and a purple hook, she found it hidden under the bathroom cabinet, when I went home one day she finished it within hours, that's when she realized she wanted to crochet again. So we bought her some yarn balls at walmart, she finished 2 blankets so far, one was baby pastel colors, and the other one she's finishing right now is for our living room sofa bed, a combination of dark blue and light blue yarn. I bought a pair of wooden bamboo sticks for knitting and the color I am using is a combination of darn pink and browns. I'm going to make a large bag, I just hope it turns out good, I even borrowed a knitting book at the library =D.

I'm learning how to knit, I only how to crochet eversince back in the 5th grade for our HE class., but knitting with 2 sticks, not yet. so far I only know how to do a slipknot and the cast on. Do you guys know any great videos that teach knitting in a very slow mode? the videos I watch at youtube are really fast, I can't seem to get it. I'm really eager to learn! anybody?

Well, let me tell you about our lil bus adventure that happened some a weeks ago. We tried using the Bus, got on bus # 3 RUGER/KOKOHEAD and dropped us off close to Ala Moana Blvd. at restaurant row, it was such a nice feeling catching the bus, to us it was an adventure! After the movies, we watched Horton hears a Who, which was a great kiddie cartoon by the way, We went back to the street and waited for bus # 3 again. It did came but goodness, We caught the wrong bus! It took us to a lot of places like Waialae, Diamond head, KOKOHEAD. it stopped somewhere I wasn't sure were. Hubby got nervous and was anxious to pick us up if we got stranded. The driver was kinda in a bad mood, my mom whispered "hmphhh ugaling pinoy!" then I just made a face, glad he didn't make us pay since the bus offered at least one free transfer. We did manage to get back in Salt lake, were we live and hubby drove at the end of our street, picked us up coz it was raining so hard! Lesson I learned that day: Always call the bus for directions! We plan on catching the bus again next time, and for sure we'll call the bus for the bus # 3 Salt lake route.

So how are you guys doing? I feel so bad for not visiting lately, I promise after this post I'll hoppity hop down to your blogs. thank you for those people who always manage to peek (based on my bloglog) thank youuuuuu! and for link exchanges I'll be posting your links on my sidebar. mahalo!

7 comments:

HiPnCooLMoMMa said...

hey Kit I am also into knitting. here's a website that has helped me a lot http://knittinghelp.com

i'm doing scarves for now to be given to my sisters in the US, it's fun especially with combining of colors.

you can borrow a knitters handbook, ang daming stitches and styles dun, nakaka addict

Anonymous said...

ok lang yun sis kahit di ka makavisit. ako nga di na ako makapag-update nawala din yung blog kong isa. Mag-blog na lang ulit ako next time heheh ingats I MISS U!

Anonymous said...

i want to know how to make crochets. :) Nakita ko kasi yung kaySarabeth, another blogger, ang gaganda ng paggawa nya ng crcochets. so yea, goodluck sa pagkniknit ate kitty. :)

the scrapbook you've made is really nice. ang gaganda talaga ng mga scraps na ginagamit mo ate. very nice.

sorry din ate if i missed some posts ah. naku, naaoutdate na ako. pero ayun.. god bless ate kitty! mwah. =*

Anonymous said...

hi ate kitty. mukhang busy ka nga but it's okey as long na happy at nageenjoy ka sa ginagawa mo. youre learning knitting pla nice hobby yan.

Liza C Abad said...

nice work.. :)

Gracie said...

Wow. I wish I could knit too. But I can't seem to find time to learn how.

Nice work, Kitty :)

b3arh0ney said...

sorry i missed this one. di kac ako nakagawa ng layout nito eh, haha! i'm trying to catch up. wala kac akong mojo that week kaya nagpass ako. hopefully makakabawi rin. this is a lovely LO. wala ako ng kit na yan. ang ganda!