what a day


That was yesterday. We had a tent sale out on the parking lot for 2 days and I went to work around 4pm. Little did I know that the parking lot was swarmed with people! Well guess what time we finished work? 12:30 Am, I'm so glad we didn't go overboard like 2 am like before. We're supposed to go home around 10:30 but since we had mountain piles of coupon bags, tills, partials (mind you, there was ony 2 of us) you can't expect us to finish right away with all the other distractions coming in, like the refunds, phone calls, fixing cashier errors, balancing the safe, price checks, troubleshooting the machines, we're running all over the place like chickens without heads! that's the reason why I always wear pants and shirts at work plus rubbershoes coz we run around all the time, trying to finish everything as we can. I'm telling you we don't get paid much in our area, not to mention when there's no manager's available we have to deal with customer complaints. goodness.

But you know what, eventhough I don't have a professional job, it's all worth it. The pay is pretty fine to me. I learned to be more patient, I meet a lot of great customers, meet a lot of good friends at work... When I cried I stood up and just forget about it, it is time to move on inspite of the trials that came my way. I learned how to say I CAN DO IT. we do get stressed about it... but what can we do? I'm pretty sure all jobs are as stressful as mine. We learn from our mistakes, we just laugh out loud with the problems we encounter. There is no EASY job. No matter how hard your job is, you have to learn how to say thank you coz you HAVE a job.

I'm quite contented on where I'm at right now. I don't really dream big. I dream of going back to school, but that'll be later, it's never too late to go back to school. It's so funny like my former manager a few years back when she moved to Virginia, I wouldn't forget the day she told me, I had a potential on becoming part of the management staff. One day, she told me someday I would move on to the top, I remembered I just got promoted at that time, she told me it was only the beginning and I have to work my way up really hard. strive harder to achieve it. She was right, everything will fall into it's place someday. I'm eyeing on a position right now, I actually applied for it, I doubt I will get it though since I am just working at our place for almost 5 years now. My co-worker buddy will sure get it since she's been working for DECA for about 10 years now. promotions are slow since nobody wants to give their positions up. But that's ok, If I don't get it then that's ok. I'm still happy, all I have to do is just wait for another position to open up.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

happy happy bday kitty! mwahhhh

Anonymous said...

awww nakikita naman sayo hardworker ka and i know someday magiging sayo din ang position na gusto mo basta love your work :)

happy birthday kitty!