love being a mom!


I just adore being a mom, I am pretty sure every one of you feels the same way I do :). Especially when Nathan started school, just seeing the improvements he had with everything was absolutely priceless. I try to document everything as much as I can, coz I didn't had much when I was in school back in the days, only pictures - that's it. Visit my Flickr for I am always there uploading some pictures and will soon be uploading some videos, too. If you want to be my Flickr buddy, just add me up, I'll do the same. :)



A few days ago Nate's school had a fun run at their school field, so while waiting the teacher kindly asked me to volunteer to pull out the finished homeworks and put in the homeworks that are going home that day. I absolutely loved it! being in their class volunteering for a few hours really makes a difference. I can tell the teacher appreciated the little volunteer work we gave. The other mom, who was also a filipina, was there. we were the only moms in our son's class to volunteer (how sad). I distributed their notebooks and folders plus goodie bags, I love how they call me "Nathan's mom" since they hesitate to call me mrs. Cruz hehee. :) anyhoo, the fun run was great the kids ran how may lapses, impressive. me and the other mom just went on one lapse... too tired, so out of shape hehee..

I didn't mean to be nosy with the other kid's communication notebooks and homework folders but It's very sad to learn that a lot of these children's parents don't really participate well in their child's education. A lot of kids don't do their homeworks or their communication notebooks which parents needs to read aren't signed plenty of times... I feel bad for the kids. I informed my husband about this one day while we were driving home and he smiled at me, he told me that eventhough we're both busy working parents we still strive hard for our son to learn good and participate as much as we can in their education. That is indeed one of the factors to have a successful child in school. I am so proud of our son, eventhough at some times he can be a pain in a butt but he shows us that he can do good eventhough he didn't go to preschool. We proved some people wrong about our son not going to preschool, well guess what? He's not behind at all and the teacher kept telling us that inspite of his playful behavior he's doing some great progress! that's music to our ears. and we get to see the evidence binder every quarter along with his report card. :) I love how the teacher also tells us that Nate has great handwriting except for the a's and o's and d's he starts writing from the bottom, a small concern that needs work.



I hope he continues on doing good in school, I'm not expecting much from him but hope he'll be like his cousins who are straight A students. :)

4 comments:

Tiff k said...

Ate Kitty~! Aww I miss you soo much! Thanks sobra sa comment mo sa blog ko ah!! *hugz* ganun talaga life noh? hehe.

Aww parang I can't wait to get a kid myself rin! kelan kaya nh? sighs.. hehe. Pero ang saya talaga kung may kid ka na kahit they're so kulit noh? hehee. Hope that Nate continues he's good work kahit hanggang teenage years! teenage years ata ang mahirap na age eh :( hehe cge tc ate! :p

Unknown said...

Hi Kitty, you have an adorable son.. Surely like mom like son..

You are so true, our child's growing up is so precious that we want to document it all..

Congrats on your baby boy , surely he will be good too in school too..

Azumi's Mom ★ said...

i miss this site... Im proud of Nate, and Im more proud of you kasi maruno ka magpalaki.. im learning from you as always to think na ate mo ko lol.. Youre right, rewarding talaga yung nakikita mo improvements ng anak mo no.. oh well, baka magdrama nako dito.. Thanks nga pala sa Token. Wait for mine ha. Mwah miss you

Anonymous said...

nakow kitty lagi natin ito napaguusapan. smart boy talaga si Nate im also proud of him. buti ka pa noh nakapag volunteer ng ganyan ako kasi de pwede kasi may baby daw. once lang ako nakapag-volunteer nong meron silang party lil help lang hehe. saka hirap din makipag-communicate sa ibang nanay ng classmates ni yuna coz some of them dont speak english panay chinese and spanish :(

ilang studyante nga pala meron sila klase ni nate? sila yuna 30 parang ang dami noh?