In love


... with my friends' home, that is! a few days ago my co-worker, ate Josie, invited me over to her home to meet up with her so we can walk together in the neighborhood, because we were talking about diet stuff and exercising and since we live close to each other, why not. so It was around 9:30 in the morning I walked about a mile to her home. They live in a militray housing since the Navy housing are just in front of the Salt lake high rises. Well, as I was nearing her place I knew I spotted her walking outside with her 2 lovely white pomeranians, they were just adorable!

As soon as I was in front of her home I saw she had a flower wreath in front of the screen door. Now, when she invited me in... GOLLY! her house was gorgeous! it left me drooling and filled with awe. It was so breathtaking, it was a typical filipino home filled with expensive furniture like rosewood and displays (majority are flowers everywhere) like collections from Lladro, Capodimonte, and large porcelain vases and dining set from Imari. Since they lived in Japan for 9 years she also had lots of those japanese collectible dolls in her kitchen. It's just everywhere you go, every part of the house had flowers and plants, it kinda reminded me of our home before where it was filled with flowers and ceramic figurines. What I admired, too was the Washi eggs. I thought at first that the eggs were made of porcelain, as soon as I picked it up it was lightweight. she taught me how to do it and when I asked her how many eggs where in the glass bowl she said it was around 3 dozen eggs. I think I will be doing that next on my craft list, buy lots of Japanese washi paper, eggs and a glass bowl. It's a perfect elegant decor for your home. but that will come later, I don't have the time to do that yet, hahahaa!

Anyway, she told me they also started out with nothing and little by little she pucrchased her stuff so when they bought a house she finally decoarted it with the stuff she collected. her bathrooms are also filled with flowers, they are soooo lovely. to sum it all up, her home was cozy. I don't think I can have a home like that. I can make my home simple with a touch of elegance, I have a passion for flowers fake or not. I adore her home and someday I may collect Lladro and Capodimonte decorations. I just looooove the flowers. (sigh)

I'm inspired to fix our home, make it a lil cozy. I am thinking of buying some clay so I can make some flowers to decorate our bathroom wall. :)

I'll be back in a few days to finish some more tasks and maybe blog some more and update my Flickr for more pictures. have a blessed day to all! goodnight.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

awwww ganun nga ang maganda, yung mag collect ng mag collect & then use it pag may house na :)

Anonymous said...

I can imagine how beautiful the place of your friend is.. Great furnitures and collections..