a christmas carol...



I can't believe it's the day before christmas eve. time sure flies by so fast. so how's everyone doing? I know lots of you are pretty excited, some are not, well we all have our own differences, it's really nice to know that there are a lot of people out there who really care. I'm truly blessed to meet a lot of people who truly care for you. 2006 is almost going to end, time to ring in the new year!

I'm happy coz I finished everything I needed to do. I wrapped up lots of gifts and candy treats *whew* baked a chocolate cake for the christmas potluck. mailed in the christmas cards, as well as the other packages. boy, christmas can sure be tiring. a lot of work.. but it's all worth it. no words can express the happiness you feel from giving. that's why they say "it's more blessed to give than to receive".

nothing sure beats spending christmas in the Philippines, where my hometown is. everything is so different here in the states. but I learned to cope up with it coz my family's with me now. eversince we were little kids my dad would always have presents for us. he's so creative when it comes to gift giving. Christmas isn't complete without puto bumbong or bibingka, after going to church mass we'd stop by a few blocks from our house and we'd buy hot bibingka. I love the hot smell of bibingka cooking thru the cold breeze of december. I remember every year lots of family friends and relatives as well as neighbors would come over with their lil ones to claim their gifts (mamasko po!) ha haa, I remember I'd help my mom wrap gifts and candy bags to give the kids who would come ringing our doorbell. it was fun. christmas eve would come we'd have our noche buena ready and we'd be counting the hours before christmas *lol* I miss that... neighbors would knock at our door and give us some of their food, and we usually exchange with them some food that we had, too. school kids are walking throughout the streets with their gift bags from all their ninangs and ninongs, most of all I miss the lil poor kids carolling at out gate all the time. it was really funny coz the more you give them, a few minutes later they would come back, this time a different singer would switch but since I usually remember their faces I'd still give them though, what's more funnier about it is the more you give then the're not satisfied with it they would sing:

"thank you, thank you and BABARAT NINYO THANK YOU!!"

then they would run really fast laughing and all. I'd just laugh at them ha haa! for I surely miss those days. everybody was happy and all. God, I miss those good ol days.. but now times have changed. and I'd like my family to be happy all the time. I'm sure you are all having a blast now. you guys take care!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!!!

* thank you to all those who gave the time to make personalized gifts I truly appreciate it. gifts are going to be posted after christmas!!

7 comments:

LhadYmiTcH said...

hi merry christmas link ex?

Anonymous said...

hi kitty ♥

greet lang ako ng merry christmas!! thank you palagi, thank you sa lahat! kahit na hndi ako nakakacomment sa site mo, nandyan ka parin lagi..
ang cute ng picture nyo ng family mo^-^ type ko yung suot mo kitty ♥ bagay na bagay sayo. and you look sooo happy tlga!

anu kaya nangyari sa pixelkitty site mo :( huhu..
merry christmas ulet ^-^

love lots, jays ♥

Anonymous said...

hi ate Kitty!

merry merry Christmas!

yes, simbang gabi is not complete without puto bumbong or bibingka. hehe. and also yung mga nagca-caroling. i wanted to try that too. :) nakumpleto ko ulit yung simbang gabi ngayon. hehe. so happy. and yeah, time flies so fast. it'll be 2007. i wonder what's up for us next year. :p

you take care :)

MWA,
Hannah ♥

Monica said...

hi kittty, namamasko po.
hehehe...
dumaan ako para bumati ng maligayang pasko at manigong bagong taon!

Anonymous said...

halo sissy, ang kyut ng pamilya nyo
nice pics! :)
Psensya na ha ngayon lang kita nadalaw na busy ng kunti :)
Happy Holidays!

Anonymous said...

merry christmas Kit and to ur family as well. i tried to visit ur blog kanina pero nag error yata. so eto late na ako. busy kac. happy new yr na rin sa inyong lahat dyan. kisses to Nathan!

Anonymous said...

I love this one! ang ganda! uyyy ha blooming na blooming ka naman eh! ano ka ba slim ka naman ha. ikaw talaga! kitty you have tons of very nice qualities! that's why love kita my friend! thanks for sharing your art works! ingats mwah!